The exhibition theme is: Portraits.
EAP project invites artists from all over the world to submit their Artworks for our first collective exhibition of experimental and alternative photography.
The purpose of our Portraits exhibition is to celebrate, promote, and reaffirm the art of handcrafted prints that uniquely belong to the tradition of light sensitive creative processes.
A portrait is more than just a picture of a person.
When captured by a talented and creative artist, a portrait conveys both the physical resemblance of someone and their psychological inner life.
Portraits capture a person at a moment in time and preserve their memory.
Whether representational or creatively interpreted, a portrait that is intended to last expresses a person’s character and emotion that engages the viewer.
Exhibition: Each photographer (hereafter “Artist”) can:
• submit one piece of Artwork for exhibition (hereafter “Artwork”). Hand-delivered or shipped.
• send up to 5 images (hereafter “Images”) via wetransfer, exhibition Artwork included.
These images will used for the catalogue. Same theme (portrait), also created with different processes.
Submitting your Artwork/Images to our exhibition, implies the knowledge and total acceptance of the Terms and Conditions and Guidelines below.
It is important to read the regulations and procedures before submitting your Artwork to us
• All Artists, 18 years of age or older, world-wide, both amateur and professional, may enter the exhibition by submitting their own, original Artwork/Images.
• The Artwork and Images must feature or reflect the essence of a person.
• Group portraits shall be not accepted
• Self-portraits and collages shall be accepted
• Only original experimental and alternative processed Artwork/Images will be accepted for exhibition. ( as indicated below – Acceptable process)
• There is no time restriction on when an Artwork/Image was made
• All terms, conditions and Guidelines may be updated at EAP project’s discretion
• EAP project will decide the final eligibility of submitted Artworks/Images
• EAP project is entitled to exclude or remove from the Exhibition any Artist who has submitted false information or who does not comply with all terms and conditions set out by EAP project.
Acceptable processes are:
kallitypes& van dykes
Polaroid lifts and transfers
Polaroid SX-70 manipulations
silver gelatin prints manipulated
wet plate collodion
combinations of any of these processes.
• Digital printing (as the final Artwork) is not eligible.
• The use of digital acquisition for negatives or positive for printing any of the above processes is permitted.
• Instant film prints are not eligible, e.g. Instax, Polaroid, or Impossible
• Instant film transfers or prints made using light sensitive processes involving instant film are eligible
• Silver printing is not eligible
• Manipulated silver printing is elegible
Each applicant acknowledges and agrees that as part of the application process he or she will provide personal data (such as names, address, telephone numbers, email addresses)
The Artist agrees and understands that by submitting his/her artwork to the EAP project Exhibition that they are opting in to becoming an EAP project Member and will receive future email notices from us.
If you want to be removed from this Email Subscriber List, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you immediately from all future email messages from EAP project.
By entering the EAP project Exhibition, you confirm that:
• you are the creator and owner of the Artwork and Images,
• you have the permission of the subject or where appropriate the subject's parent or guardian,
• the Artwork/Images was/were not taken under circumstances of breach or infringement of anyone's legal right of privacy,
• the Artwork/Images does/do not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, provocative, pornographic or profane content.
• the Artwork/Images does/do not infringe the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity.
The submitting Artist owns the copyright to all of his/her images.
The artist retains all Copyrights and all other rights.
The Artist grants the association EAP project a non-exclusive right to use images for marketing and promotional purposes only, including use by media for announcements or reviews.
Promotions and images may also be placed on social networks by EAP project with artist credits.
The EAP project also reserves the right to use them within the scope of its own non-profit associational activities without further contact with the author.
The Artist, whose name shall always be attributed to the Artwork, maintains in any case his/her moral rights in regard to the Artwork, in addition to the intellectual property rights to the same.
The Artist further agrees that EAP project can maintain an archive of the chosen artwork for the purpose of historical documentation and as a record of past themed exhibitions. This archive will be available for public viewing and be limited to the EAP project website (www.eap-project.com
EAP project will credit each image creator with their Artist Nameand the Artist Website, if applicable.
The Artist shall maintain all copyrights of any images that are submitted to EAP project.
Artists grant usage as stated without further compensation.
How to submit your Images:
1. First step: EAP project membership (sign in here)
2. Second step: payment of the submission fee
3. Third Step: Sending of images and other support materials (biography, image list)
1. first step :
EAP project membership
If you are not currently a member of the EAP project, click here to reach the registration page..
The form has fields that are required, marked with a red asterisk (*).
If you have left any of these fields blank, your submission will be rejected.
2. second step :
payment of the submission fee
Entry fee is 30 euro (approx. USD 32.5$), payable via PayPal
The fee includes membership of the EAP project association and partial coverage of the organization costs for the exhibition.
Subscriptions not accompanied by proof of payment shall not be eligible for the exhibition.
Artists must retain a copy of the payment (please print a copy of the receipt).
The fee is not refundable
3. third Step:
Sending of images and other support materials (biography, image list)
The images should be uploaded using www.wetransfer.com
How to send files via wetransfer
• Visit wetransfer.com.
• On the same page click on the plus sign (+) and add the files you want to send. (You you can also select a folder to upload)
• Then move to the Email to field and enter the following email address: email@example.com.
• In the next field enter your email address.
• In the message field, you can add a short message, if you wish.
• Now simply click on the transfer button to transfer the files.
• a maximum of five entries per artists may be submitted, including. the image of the Artwork to be exhibited.
• RGB mode files only (no CMYK).
• 8 bit
• in.jpg file format
if the image you are submitting is in any other format besides.JPG, ( TIF,.GIF,.PNG, or any other file formats) it will be rejected.
Please make sure that your files end in the extension.jpg before trying to submit them
• a maximum size of 10 MB is applicable to each file.
• a maximum resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels is applicable. So if your image is square, the max size for both sides would be 768 px
• 300 dpi
• File names:
File names of maximum 40 characters should only contain letters and underscores.
Titles may be shortened (no long file names), and they should be indicated without spaces in the file name.
File names cannot contain any of the following characters !@#$"%^&*()+
• Other specifications:
Do not use any borders, visible watermarks, copyright notices, or identification added to your images
B) Support materials (3 documents: Biography, Processess used, Images list)
Only PDF documents may be uploaded for support materials (Biography, processes used, image list);
.doc,.docx and other formats will be rejected.
When submitting your entries, please provide a short biography (1,000 Word Limit), written in the third person and in the English language.
Tell us about yourself, your artistic training, your artistic inspiration, media choice, any special techniques used, anything that you might like visitors to know about you.
Include your website URL.
Poorly written biographies or any that exceed the word limit shall be edited accordingly.
Submit a short description about the process used to create the Artworks.
If the same process is used for all the submitted Artworks, you only need to submit a single description. If the processes used are different, be sure to identify the Artwork number with the corresponding process.
Maximum characters 400
Image List – Other Info
In an attached PDF document, please include:
* your name;
* your city and country ;
* your website address (if you have one);
* titles of all included photos with the corresponding file names;
* the title of the Artwork selected for the exhibition, the size when framed and, if available for sale, price.
o the size (in centimetres or inches) of each photograph.
Artists must be able to deliver their Artworks in person, or ship them Artwork in a REUSABLE container.
All Artwork duly framed for the exhibition must arrive by Saturday, September 5, 2020.
Artworks that do not arrive by the due date may not be included in the exhibition.
All packaging must be reusable for return shipping.
Reusable fibreboard shipping cases are preferable. If you do not use a fibreboard case, please use sturdy cardboard and bubble wrap to protect your Artworks. Don’t use Styrofoam pellets or similar pelleted packaging material.
The frame must be fitted with a cord and ready to hang.
EAP project is under no circumstances liable for damage during shipping, so we highly recommend you insure your Artworks for shipment.
All shipped Artworks must remain for the duration of the exhibition.
Artists are responsible for shipping and/or delivering their artwork to and from the exhibition.
Artworks are shipped at the artist’s expense to the EAP project.
Please use only Federal Express or UPS for shipping.
Our shipping address is:
Dossobuono – Via Palazzine 11
37069 Villafranca di Verona
Verona – Italy
(+39) 045 503272
All works must be labeled on the back for identification purposes with the
Artis'st Name, Title, Edition, Medium, Year of the Artwork and contact information (email and phone number)
EAP project shall make all the wall labels, according to the PDF document ( Images List – Other info)
All images submitted for the exhibition event must be framed professionally, wired on the back with eyelets.
Certificate of Authenticity
If any Artwork is available for sale, the Artist must create a Certificate of Authenticity in the English language.
The Certificate is an official document that proves your Artwork is genuine and authentic. It is a helpful tool in proving a Artwork’s provenance, quality, and ensures the buyer that it was produced by you and no one else.
In the event of a sale, a certificate of authenticity is typically one of the first documents provided to the buyer.
Artworks without COAs will not be accepted for sale.
The following refers to the information that Artists must include in a COA.
• Artist name.
• Title of the Artwork.
• Year of completion.
• Medium; printing process, type of canvas or paper, and any other specific details that may assist in identification and conservation in the future.
• An image or photograph of the artwork. This is useful for the purpose of comparison.
If you can, please take a photo of the artwork and attach it to the certificate. This allows the buyer to compare what he receives with what’s on the certificate.
• Edition number, if applicable.
• Statement of Authenticity. This should consist of a short, one to two sentence statement declaring the authenticity of your Artwork, as well as a statement that your Artwork is copyrighted by you, and you alone.
• Signature Add your full name, your signature and the date when you signed the certificate.
• Contact information. Add your most recent and valid contact information.
This would include your phone number, address, email and your website link if any.
All Artwork must be ready to install upon delivery,
with the appropriate installation material (wired at the back for hanging, - with eyelets, no sawtooth hangers.
If the artist requires protection for the Artworks, it must be covered with plexiglass.
Important: Glass is not allowed.
Sale of Artwork
Artists taking part in the Exhibition may offer their Artworks for sale at a price of their choosing.
EAP project retains no commission on sold Artworks.
The Artist authorizes EAP project to sell works (if available for sale) throughout the duration of the Exhibition.
EAP project is not a party to the Contract of Sale.
EAP project collects the sale price on behalf of the Artist, with no commission applicable.
The sale transaction takes place between the Buyer and the Artist
EAP project shall transfer the amount to the Artist within 7 days from completing the sales transaction.
The Artist retains the ownership of the work during the Exhibition dates.
The transaction is deemed completed when the purchase price is paid in full to EAP project and the Buyer takes possession of the work.
The Buyer normally takes possession of the Artwork after the Exhibition closes.
The artist is responsible for pickup or return shipment of all unsold Artworks
The Artist will be required to send us an express mail label for the return of the artwork (an electronic, prepaid barcoded return label for FedEx, or UPS).
EAP project shall not return illustrative materials without receiving prepayment of shipping charges.
EAP project does not accept postage stamps for return shipping
Costs for international customs and import duty is the responsibility of the artist.
EAP project is under no circumstances liable for damage during shipping, so we highly recommend you insure your Artworks for shipment.
There will be a charge for any packaging supplied by EAP project.
In keeping with our mission of creating exhibiting opportunities, EAP project is proud to offer the possibility for other exhibitions in the future.
We hope this creates a means that can take your Artwork further and be seen by more people.
If your Artwork does not sell at the exhibition, you have the option to have it returned (Prepaid) or leave it in storage at Eap project.
In this latter case, your Artwork may be exhibited again in Itinerant Collective Exhibitions.
You may ask to have the same returned at any moment in time (return prepaid).
EAP project is responsible for such storage.
If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org